Authentic Chinese Cooking Recipes. Cooking With Soy Sauce. Microwave Cooking Video
Authentic Chinese Cooking Recipes
- Chinese cuisine is any of several styles of food originating in the regions of China, some of which have become highly popular in other parts of the world — from Asia to the Americas, Australia, Western Europe and Southern Africa.
- conforming to fact and therefore worthy of belief; "an authentic account by an eyewitness"; "reliable information"
- not counterfeit or copied; "an authentic signature"; "a bona fide manuscript"; "an unquestionable antique"; "photographs taken in a veritable bull ring"
- Of undisputed origin; genuine
- Based on facts; accurate or reliable
- Made or done in the traditional or original way, or in a way that faithfully resembles an original
- (recipe) directions for making something
- A set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required
- A medical prescription
- A recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish.
- (The Recipe) The Recipe is the third studio album by American rapper Mack 10, released October 6, 1998 on Priority and Hoo-Bangin' Records. It peaked at number 6 on the Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums and at number 15 on the Billboard 200.. All Media Guide, LLC. Retrieved on 2010-01-01.
- Something which is likely to lead to a particular outcome
A delicious, spicy dish with tofu and minced beef. The sauce is made from chicken stock, fermented black beans, chilli bean sauce, soy sauce and sugar, and thickened with cornflour. If you think tofu is boring, think again! Sichuan pepper adds a hot, numbing taste.
Approx 1 tsp whole Sichuan peppercorns
1 block firm tofu (approx 340g)
3 tbsp oil
200g minced beef or pork
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp chilli bean paste
1 tbsp fermented black beans
250ml chicken stock
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
Bunch spring onions
First of all, prepare the Sichuan peppercorns by roasting them in a pan until fragrant, then grinding in a pestle and mortar, You want to save 1/2 tsp of this powder to sprinkle on the top later. You can skip this and buy ready ground Sichuan pepper if you can get
it, but it won't be as fresh,
Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch squares and poach in simmering water gently to give it a silky texture.
Wash and drain your fermented black beans.
Heat the oil in a wok, add the beef and garlic, and stir fry, breaking it up, until the beef has coloured. Now push it to the edge and add the chilli bean paste to the oil that has drained out. Stir fry for about 30 secs until the oil is a rosy red. Add the fermented beans and stir fry for a few more seconds.
Pour in your stock, then add the drained tofu gently so as not to break it up. Add the soy sauce and sugar, then taste for seasonings to see if anything else is needed.
Simmer for 5 mins, and slice the spring onions on a steep diagonal whilst it's cooking
Add the cornflour mixture a bit at a time, mixing gently until the sauce thickens to the tofu. You might not need all the mixture to do this.
Add the spring onions and stir them through.
Pour into your serving dish and add the Sichuan pepper. Eat with delicious white rice.
Authentic Jerk Chicken Recipe
? a cup of Jamaican pimento crushed or ground in a mortar
? a cup of sugar – preferably brown, this adds color and flavor
6 cloves of garlic diced and crushed
4 Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers chopped and diced
? a tablespoon of thyme leaves
6 stalks of finely diced scallions more popularly known as green onions
? a teaspoon of powdered cinnamon
? a teaspoon of nutmeg crushed
? a teaspoon of cooking
3 tablespoons of a Chinese soy sauce
HOW TO PREPARE
Place crushed Jamaican pimento, sugar, diced Jamaican garlic, diced Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers, crushed thyme leaves, diced Jamaican scallions, Jamaican cinnamon powder, crushed nutmeg, salt, and Chinese soy sauce in a blender or a food processor and blend until the batter is smooth.
Sear the meat then rub the poultry, pork, fish, seafood or beef with the batter Jerk seasoning. If using a pork shoulder, score the fat and rub in. Allow the meat to marinate in the Jerk seasoning overnight.
Grill the meat over a low fire using Red Stripe Beer instead of water to prevent burning. The use of Jamaican Red Stripe Beer is optional. Do this until the meat is done. The Jerk recipe meat should be smoked and have a pink color when done and the skin if any should have a dark color caused by the brown sugar in the Jerk seasoning recipe.
See also: cooking award certificates cooking classes kent cooking classes canberra korean cooking blog moroccan cooking school cooking games online to play diabetic cooking magazine subscription recipes for home cooking video cooking